Sering kali kita sedikit bingung dengan pembandingan antara kondisi Arloji A dan Arloji B, yang A mengatakan kondisi mint demikian juga arloji B, namun kita tidak dapat memastikan apa yang menjadi dasar penilaian sehingga bisa menyebutkan kondisi arloji tersebut mint. NOS (new old stock, LNIB (like new in Box), dan lainnya adalah beberapa gambaran tentang kondisi arloji tersebut.
Rentang kondisi arloji mulai dari Pristine Mint Hingga Scrap
Ada panduan yang berlaku pada NAWCC (The National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) untuk menggradasikan kondisi arloji:
1. PRISTINE MINT (G10): NEW OLD STOCK. Absolutely factory new; sealed in factory box with wax paper still intact & all tags & papers etc.
2. MINT PLUS (G9): Still in factory box BUT LOOKS UNUSED
3. MINT (G8): Same as factory new but with very little use; no faint scratches and no trace of screwdriver mark; is original in every way crystal, hands, dials, case, movement; used briefly & stored away, may still be in box
4. NEAR MINT (G7): Completely original in every way; faint marks may be seen with a loop only: expertly repaired; movement may have been cleaned and oiled.
5. EXTRA FINE (G6): May or may not be in factory box; looks as though watch was used very little; crystal may have been repaired, all original replaced; original case, hands, dial and movement. If watch has been repaired, all original replacement parts have been used. Faint case scratches are evident but hard to detect with the aye. No dents and no hairline on dial are detecable.
6. FINE (G5): May have new hands and new crystal, but original case, dial and mivement; faint hairline and no chips on dial; no large scratches and no brass seen on case; slight stain on movement; movement must be sharp with only minor scratches.
7. AVERAGE (G4): Original case, dial and movement; movement may have had a part replace, but part was near to original; no brass showing through on goll filled case; no rust or chips in dial; may have hairlines in dial that are hard to see. All marks are hard to detect, but may be seen without loop.
8. FAIR (G3): Hairlines in dial and small chips; slight amount of brass can be seen through worn spots on gold filled case; rust marks in movement; a small dent in case; wear in case, dial and movement; well used; may not have original dial or case.
9. POOR (G2): Watch not working; needs new dial; case well worn, with many dents; hands may be gone; replacement crystal amy be need.
10. SCRAP (G1): Movement not working; bad dial; rusty movement; brass showing badly; some parts not original; no crystal or hands. Good for parts only.